Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it is a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Mainframe Storage Management Analyst role is a fundamental part of a global IT support team, responsible for the management and maintenance of zOS Storage and related devices within a complex mainframe environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Initialize/Add new DASD volumes and Add new tape volumes where capacity needs dictate. Perform space management and data protection activities.
- Manage and define SMS rules and ACS routines
- Perform storage management services, including design, implementation and customization of products and technology in a mainframe environment.
- Execute Disaster Recovery tests
- Provide 24x7 coverage.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 10+ years of experience in a Mainframe zOS environment
- Working knowledge of z/OS Operating System, z/OS(MVS) fundamentals
- Validated expertise using TSO/ISPF, JCL, JES2, Datasets (PS/PDS/PDSE/GDG) and SDSF
- Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, including the development of new system elements, procedures or processes.
- Support Customer work hours – (weekends and holidays within the team on-call rotation schedule)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Ambitious individual who can creatively work either autonomously or within a group towards various targets/goals as defined by management.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change effectively and display proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to the overall team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Demonstrated experience of disaster recovery planning and performing disaster recovery exercises (DASD Replication / Tape Replication) using GDPS and other recovery tools.
- Proven expertise with Storage hardware Configurations (DASD & Tape) and Storage data migrations (DASD to DASD and Tape to tape)
- Good knowledge on the following (MF - Tape & DASD Management) areas: DFSMS, DFSMShsm, DFSMSdss, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSrmm, VSAM, IDCAMs, Storage monitoring tools, ICKDSF, Space abends and SMF/Dcollect
- Expertise in hardware storage subsystems including IBM DASD (DS8K), IBM Virtual tape library (TS77xx)
- Expertise in REXX and/or SAS or other Mainframe programming languages.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it is happening. This is where you will help solve the problems that have never been solved. We are freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it is needed. We are creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; Optum; Mainframe Storage Management Analyst, Mainframe zOS, z/OS Operating System, disaster recovery planning, TSO/ISPF, JCL, JES2, Remote, Telecommute, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately,#RPO