TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Maintenance Technician working out of our office in Brownsburg, Indiana.
Tuesday - Friday: 6 A to 430 P
Saturday - Monday: 6 A to 6 P
Saturday - Monday: 6 P to 6 A
The primary function for a Maintenance Technician will be to perform tractor and/or trailer preventative maintenance repairs to advance mechanical and electrical troubleshooting procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair and maintain company tractors and/or trailers using hand tools, precision measuring instruments, and machine tools
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and examine parts for defects and excessive wear
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair electrical circuits utilizing computer based software diagnostic programs and printed wiring schematics
- Recondition, repair and/or replace parts
- Perform routine maintenance checks including inspecting brake system, wheel bearings, electrical system, and air systems
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair engine/driveline/ABS related issues utilizing sound mechanical knowledge and computer based diagnostic programs
- Ability to set up and use common cutting, welding, and metal fabrication tooling and equipment as needed to complete trailer repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:
- Technical school degree and/or previous tractor/trailer repair experience
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must be attentive to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced, physically demanding workload
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to lift 100lbs repetitively and overhead
- Must be able to climb on/off trailers throughout the shift