Job Description Summary
If you are a passionate Human Capital Manager who does whatever it takes to deliver high-quality, operational and managerial services, this position is for you! In this role, you will play a part in advancing the MAXIMUS brand across numerous markets and professional communities. Our leadership team views human capital as an integral part of their own team, and you will find yourself immersed in each department on a daily basis. We are looking for a management professional who will take an enormous amount of pride in his/her work and strategic partnerships.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with our business leaders.
Work together to support local operations, hiring of front line staff, and professional development of all staff. Be proactive in identifying operational and managerial needs and provide constructive feedback to staff.
Share best practices with other team members and continue to stay in touch with key stakeholders regarding future opportunities with our growing and expanding business.
Bachelor's degree preferred
Four years of general human capital experience; at least one year of management experience
Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of the organization
Ability to build and maintain relationships with the operational manager, as well as with stakeholders Negotiation skills to navigate concerns and competing priorities
Capacity to manage and prioritize projects with superior attention to detail while effectively adapting to changing priorities
Confidentiality and professionalism
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct organizational analysis and build business partnerships while managing team and contributing to the development and execution of HR and MAXIMUS talent management objectives. Collaborate with HR team on business initiatives and objectives including human resources and strategic planning.
- Manage implementation and administration of HR processes including recruitment, selection, onboarding, orientation, performance management, employee relations, individual and leadership development, reward, recognition, compensation and benefits, health and safety, diversity, retention, succession planning and regulatory compliance.
- Lead positive employee relations including high levels of employee engagement, development and recognition. Establish processes for issue identification and resolution.
- Establish and measure HR metrics, analyze and make recommendations for process improvement. Lead change management initiatives. Proactively identify opportunities. Provide solutions to organizational challenges.
- Collaborate, coach and counsel business partners and recommend interventions to meet and exceed organizational values and operating objectives.
- Devise and implement retention strategy to meet the needs of the business. Partner with organizational leaders to identify and establish career path opportunities.
- Drive regulatory compliance including USDOL, EEO and AAP requirements.
- Continually improve individual competencies and subject matter expertise through professional development.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by management.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interact with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.