Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a highly skilled professional who knows how to get the best out of their team. As the Manager, Human Resources, you will promote employee engagement and act as a liaison between employees and management to foster a positive employee relations atmosphere. We’ll look to you to champion our values, ensuring a differentiated and engaged workforce, and an exciting career for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Administer Human Resources (HR) policies and programs to ensure compliance in staffing and recruitment, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, time and attendance record keeping, and personnel records administration
- Work closely with plant operations and HR team to ensure a positive “open door” climate
- Ensure employee and business strategies result in excellent customer service
- Manage all aspects of the HR department, including administration, legal compliance, policy/procedure enforcement, benefits, compensation, hiring, retention and termination
- Supervise HR staff
- Keep senior management and operations informed of internal and external HR developments that may impact overall effectiveness
- Provide HR reports to upper management as requested
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work or military experience
- 5 years of HR management experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience in employee relations, policy and procedure administration, recruiting and staffing, HRIS and timekeeping systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven track record and increasing levels of responsibility in the HR field
It’d be great if you also have:
- Demonstrated success resolving employee issues in an “open door” environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to provide management with proactive ideas on creating and maintaining a positive employee relations climate
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
Be part of something big
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.