Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager of Workplace Management Consultation is responsible for the management and administration of daily operations for a team of licensed Management Consultants responsible for service delivery of the MC product focused on providing workplace support to customer accounts. The position serves as subject matter expert for EAP organizational behavioral best practice processes and sets standards for ethical/privacy workflows consistent with Optum’s policies and HIPAA requirements. The position collaborates extensively with both internal company and external stakeholders at the highest levels of executive management, HR, occupational health and medical professionals regarding complex organizational issues focusing on prevention, early intervention, organizational health and well-being; enhancing employee resilience and productivity. This position reports to the Associate Director of Business Operations and will focus on execution of tactical and strategic plans within a fast paced, rapidly expanding environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist Associate Director with developing and executing comprehensive team strategies and operational plans to meet both short and long term business objectives.
- Develops, streamlines and improves workflows and oversee procedures relating to policy development involving safety sensitive and federally mandated regulations such as DOT, NRC, DFWP, FAA, Workplace Violence and Fitness for Duty processes.
- In collaboration with cross functional partners, identify solutions to resolve customer and service issues in a timely manner that have successful long-term impact.
- Effectively handle escalated customer calls/complaints; ensure the resolution mutually benefits both the customer and Optum.
- Responsible for ensuring team compliance with written policy and procedures related to Management Consultation and Referral services including all quality issues.
- Monitor department and individual performance standards; make recommendations to enhance, streamline, and improve the provision of services for customers as appropriate to drive operational excellence.
- Delegate work and allocate resources to maximize productivity; monitor progress to ensure that schedule, budget and other requirements are met; identify obstacles impeding goal achievement and act quickly to remove them.
- Monthly report generation and data analysis to monitor performance and productivity standards of team; identify solutions to solve data trends that are impacting performance.
- Communicates key information to staff including new client groups, procedures, policies, etc.
- Responsible for creating a climate of superior performance and execution.
- Work with supervisors on all Human Capital initiatives including compensation planning, performance management, staffing and employee relations concerns/issues, employee recruitment, training, self-directed teaming, and employee development.
- Role of manager involves presenting trainings and education and providing input in developing responses and communication strategies for multiple processes relating to the book of business and marketing/sales efforts including RFP responses
- Oversees work activities of other supervisors and front line staff.
- Performs other activities as directed by Associate Director of Business Operations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work or other related mental health field
- Active, unrestricted mental health license to practice at the independent level
- 5+years post master’s experience in the mental health or EAP field (successful work experience in a social service, mental health, medical or related field); strong clinical acumen
- 3+ years of broad experience leading multi-functional teams in formal leadership role
- Knowledge of EAP workplace and organizational dynamics; solid clinical background with mental health and substance use concerns
- Ability to drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization and to take appropriate risks
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency
- Dedicated office space and access to high speed internet capability
- CEAP certification
- Experience in workplace management referrals
- Experience leading other supervisors or managers
- Knowledge and application of change management practices
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies and procedures, including experience with performance management, career development and succession planning
- Strength and experience in data analysis, planning, organization, accuracy, problem solving, prioritization and rapid execution of multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen and professional presentation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and be able to form effective collaborations with others
- Ability to understand and work effectively within large matrix managed corporations
- Problem resolution and customer service orientation
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager of Workplace Management Consultation and Referrals, EAP, CEAP, Employee Assistance, Manager, Management Consultation, Workplace Support, Psychologist, Social Worker, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Therapist, Counselor, LP, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote