We are a medical device company located in Indiana looking to bring on a Manufacturing Engineer!
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing methods ensuring the highest quality, lowest cost, lowest scrap and optimum capacity.
- Responsible for process engineering support for the all product lines.
- Provide guidance regarding design/manufacturing concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques to include standard work.
- Quotes, purchases, and inspects new equipment required for ongoing efficiency operation of process and implementation of new processes.
- Assists in the development of processes and procedures to drive improvements and best practices.
- Determines and reviews all manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
- Assists with engineering releases and changes relative to routing, setting standards, data entry, and follow-up.
- Assists with all new product and process quotations for new and changing products.
- Participates in design reviews and responsible for improving the design for manufacturability early in the design phase of new product development.
- Conduct a continuous search of new materials, fixtures, processes and procedures to enhance and improve the production lines to help the operation to reduce overall costs.
- Work closely with the quality, regulatory and operations teams to manage root cause analysis and corrective actions related to internal and/or external quality concerns.
- Lead and assist training of production employees in best practices of setting up equipment and tooling, maintaining processes, and troubleshooting problems.
Strong engineering background; Medical Device exp highly preferred
Solidworks a plus
3D CAD a must have!