Material Handling Technician 3rd Shift
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Material Handling Technician for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46256
Position Title: Material Handling Technician
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46256
Expected Duration: 12 months contract
Accountable for keeping manufacturing areas fully stocked with components and products materials to maintain continuity of operations. Carries out processes of warehouse, conveying and material deliveries in accordance with the procedures and requirements of internal and external customers to achieve material controls and inventory system. Meet production schedules and quality system requirements. Actively support best practices and continuous improvement processes to ensure compliance with regulations of the quality systems.
* Accountable for the decision making related to his/her process based on the SOPs and User Manuals defined requirements.
* Read work orders or receive verbal instructions to determine work assignments for material or equipment needs.
* Ensure manufacturing areas are fully stocked and have the products they need (supplies, components, raw materials) to maintain continuity of operations. Must replenish Kanban systems for Conversion and Pack.
* Prepare and document, materials distribution activities for dispatch to the area of operations, verifying documents (work orders) to ensure materials to be used, status, ensuring that materials meet the quality requirements and following established procedures
* Move merchandise, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas.
* May set up, install protective devices, such as bracing, padding and adjust forming, filling, wrapping, and other packaging machines to prepare and then stock finished good materials.
* Store and stack materials in the warehouse according to client standards.
* Need to be familiarized with daily operations to understand which orders are needed to prepare and pick the right materials to address business needs appropriately.
* Keeps manufacturing conversion and packaging lines supplied with components and products materials to maintain continuity of operations.
* May be involved in the process of extracting and loading the material to be transported as per schedule requirements.
* Maintain materials and product storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
* Follow policies and procedures, monitoring and practicing the necessary safety and security measures to prevent occupational accidents and to use the equipment according to its instructions. Perform basic cleaning of the work area.
* Use safety equipment required for different tasks and perform required inspections for the equipment use as per the specific procedures or processes
* Perform other related duties as may be delegated and to support quality, organizational and/or management objectives.
* 3-5 exp preferred
* Knowledge in computer systems (MS Office)
* Communication skills for interacting with business partners.
* Good organizational skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Individual and group presentation skills.
* Proper time management.
* Analytical skills and mathematics.
* Ability to work in a structurally detailed manner.
* Ability to learn quickly in a structured environment.
* Experience in manufacture of medical devices, preferably
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 118817 when responding to this ad.