UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Maternal Child Program Manager supports prenatal and early childhood programs: Healthy First Steps and other related pregnancy support programs, and the Family Visiting Program. The Healthy First Steps program is the centerpiece for prenatal care for our Community Plan members, and the health plan offers several smaller programs that support healthy and high risk pregnant women. The Family Visiting Program is a contractually required program that provides family support services through Evidence Informed and Evidence Based Organizations across the state, as well as our plan based Community Health Services. These services continue until the child is 18 months of age.
The Manager will lead a team of 3: 2 HFS RN case managers, and an RN CM dedicated to the Family Visiting Program. The focus of the manager role will be to ensure all maternal and child programs are well positioned to meet and exceed state expectations, ensure operational processes are efficient and successful, and meet the business goals of the health plan. The manager will maintain a collaborative environment to work effectively throughout the health plan to ensure alignment of strategy and approach. The position will contribute to meetings with our State regulators, health plan leadership meetings, and strategy initiatives. The person filling this role will be an effective communicator with excellent collaboration skills at all levels of the organization and will create program management initiatives.
If you are located in Phildelphia, PA will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Reports directly to the Health Services Director and also works with the CMO, as well as other Health Services Managers and staff to identify/define performance planning / measures, tracking and reporting objectives
- Effectively manage team member direct reports, using concepts around the Common Language of Leadership
- Liaison across health plan teams (Special Needs Unit, Shift Care team) to meet health plan business objectives
- Ownership to monitor and report progress for each Maternal and Child Program
- Provides timely, accurate and concise communication to health plan leadership, and state regulators
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- An active unrestricted Pennsylvania RN License
- 2+ years of clinical experience in OB or Pediatrics
- 2+ years of experience in leadership with direct reports
- 2+ years of experience in Medicaid
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management
- Proficiency in problem identification and problem solving capabilities
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care related field
- 2+ years of clinical leadership with direct reports
- OB or High Risk experience
- Maternal child program experience
- Prenatal experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Maternal Child, Manager, OB, High Risk, Pediatrics, Healthcare Manager, Program Manager, Clinical Manager, Manager, Maternal Child Manager, Managed Care, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania