Facility: OrthoIndy Center Grove Clinic, Greenwood, IN
Department: Clinic Services
Shift Details: Monday-Friday with some evenings and weekends
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Medical Assistant Urgent Care Clinic is the liaison between the patient and the medical doctors or their support staffs. Job responsibilities include following the patient from the time of arrival to their time of departure and making sure all the patients and Physician needs are met to provide the best experience as possible.
- Responsible for gathering complete and appropriate medical information to assist the medical staff. Ensures proper information gathering to eliminate unnecessary return calls on the part of the medical staff. Responds to patient messages promptly by gathering information for providers and answering voice messages. Verifies pharmacy information in Allscripts
- Completes prior authorization requests. Responsible for obtaining patient information as requested. Responsible for entering data and orders into EMR as requested by the Physician.
- Assists patients from check in to check out and for escorting patients to the proper location within the department while obtaining and reporting vital signs, venipuncture, EKGs and keeping patients informed throughout their visit and providing education as directed.
- Serves as a main point of contact for assigned Physicians and nursing staff. Maintains rapport with Physicians, patients, and coworkers, ensuring satisfaction. Handles phone navigation and documents appropriately. Schedules clinic appointments and obtains insurance authorizations.
- Manages clinic templates for assigned Physicians. Schedules patient appointments for assigned Physicians and reschedules when necessary. Assists in coordinating addons and cancelled clinic appointments. Blocks Physician template for meetings, vacations, and rescheduled patients as needed due to schedule changes.
- Maintains clinic schedules in Moxee.
- Supports departmental and corporate strategic plans and ensure successful implementation. Supports company and department quality assurance initiatives and goals by following all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for backing up other employees, which may include changing stations or assignments.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Required; Specialty training beyond high school (e.g., Vocational School) Preferred
- Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants Must be obtained within 1 year
- OR Registered Medical Assistant Must be obtained within 1 year
- OR Certified Nursing Assistant Must be obtained within 1 year
- OR Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Certification Must be obtained within 1 year
- BLS certification Preferred
- No prior experience necessary Required; 1 - 2 years of experience Preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer