· JOB SUMMARY AND SPECIFICATIONS
o JOB SUMMARY
§ Performs waived and moderate complexity laboratory analysis on all types of body fluids. Delivers results of consistently quality for the use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Analyses are performed in accordance with laboratory procedures and in accordance with regulatory standards under the supervision of a Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist.
o MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Professional & Technical Skills
§ One or more years generalist experience preferred.
§ Documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analyzing patient specimens
§ Possess the skills required for proper specimen collection, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or preparation, transportation and storage of specimens
§ Associate degree in chemical, physical, or biological science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
C. License(s) or Certification(s)
D. Other Skills or Requirements
§ Team oriented individual possessing good customer service skills.
E. Skilled to Care for Certain Age-Related Patient Groups (incumbents will be skilled in the care of the following patient groups)
§ _____ Does not apply _____ Adolescence (13-17 years) X All agegroups _____ Infants (0-1 year) _____ Geriatric (65+ years) _____ Pediatric/Early Childhood (1-12 years) _____ Adult (18-64 years)
o TESTING PERSONNEL FUNCTIONS
- Have an associate degree in chemical, physical, or biological science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution; have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analyzing patient specimens
- Possess the skills required for proper specimen collection, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or preparation, transportation and storage of specimens
- Possess the skills required for implementing all standard laboratory procedures, performing each test method and for proper instrument use, performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration procedures related to each test performed, a working knowledge of reagent stability and storage, implement the quality control policies and procedures of the laboratory, an awareness of the factors that influence test results, and the skills required to assess and verify the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control samples prior to reporting patient test results
- Responsibility for specimen processing, test performance, and for reporting test results
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples; adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed; follow the laboratory’s corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance;
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the technical supervisor or director; document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications; and perform only those moderate and high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, or technical abilities.
· MISSION STATEMENT
o Major Health Partners ("MHP") exists to create and deliver superior health care solutions by providing our patients and other customers with optimal clinical and economic outcomes. We will attain these goals by combining the following attributes:
· Attracting and retaining professional, adaptable, caring staff dedicated to life long learning using a continuous quality improvement process. Our staff will be measured and rewarded using these same principles.
· Combining innovation, existing clinical technologies, disease prevention, and management and information technologies to meet customer needs.
o As a public entity, we must make best use of our financial and human resources so we can care for patients without regard for their ability to pay. We must also function as the community’s leader in upgrading the level of health and wellness in the community.
· VISION STATEMENT
o We will be the best health care resource in central Indiana by recognizing all persons as individuals of value who deserve impeccable facilities and quality service beyond compare.
· PILLARS OF EXCELLENCE
o We are committed to:
· Delivering Quality Clinical Outcomes
· Providing a Quality Customer Experience
· Recruiting, developing and retaining Quality People
· Applying Quality Financial Practices
· Promoting and embracing Enterprise Wide Growth