Velocity Resource Group partners with the top healthcare organizations across the country to identify top talent for their open positions. Our goal is to help candidates get connected with the next step in their career.
If you’re interested in a career as a Medical Technologist but aren’t sure where to start, apply here with your current resume. By applying, our talent acquisition specialists can connect you with opportunities that fit your skills and interests.
This job independently performs routine and highly complex laboratory analyses on clinical specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Performs a variety of routine and complex procedures using established criteria to provide quality clinical information. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity, and linearity for test methods.
- Operates, calibrates, checks, and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians, phlebotomists, other health care providers, as needed. Participates in continuing education to ensure growth and development of the laboratory.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations.
- May collect and process patient specimens in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and within the expected time frames.
- May mentor MT/MLT, phlebotomy students and new employees in laboratory testing following system policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.