- Responsible for initial and ongoing staff training regarding member advocacy and non-discrimination laws, regulations, policies and procedures for member services education and outreach staff, including member services staff training on Advocate4me
- Provides leadership and mentoring to and is accountable for the member advocacy performance of managers and senior level professional member services education, outreach and call center staff serving the Hoosier Care Connect program
- Oversees implementation of the health plan’s member advisory committee (MAC, including inviting members to participate on the MAC, coordinating MAC member participation at meetings, scheduling and facilitation of quarterly committee meetings
- Confirms that the health plan maintains compliance with federal and state regulations and rules regarding civil rights laws (e.g., Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Serves as the health plan’s ombudsman for Hoosier Care Connect members and their family/caregiver/representative to answer questions and direct them to the right resources to address or resolve their individual needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.