The Traveling Merchandising Assistant Project Manager role is ideal for someone looking to grow with our company. This role is a six-month training program that provides hands-on training while preparing candidates to lead their own team as a Traveling Merchandising Project Manager.
The Traveling Merchandising Assistant Project Manager is responsible for ensuring client needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner by working with the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for developing and assisting the Deployment team with new processes that improve accountability, visibility, and efficiency. They will also be responsible for personally conducting resets and computer work, as well as managing hourly labor when assigned to do so. The Assistant Project Manager is also responsible for scheduling reset assignments within their assigned districts, reporting the completion of assignments, and ensuring resets are done accurately, completely, and on time.
- Coordinate all field activities within assigned regions with the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations
- Assist the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations in establishing reset schedules and making necessary changes
- Build, maintain, and promote strong working relationships with the management team, as well as clients
- Manage time worked for hourly employees and temporary laborers and record all hours worked in the online time-keeping utility
- Speak with all direct reports before 10AM each workday and at the end of each reset
- Ensure all resets are accurately completed on a daily basis by ensuring all direct report’s work orders and photos are uploaded to the website at the completion of a reset, the sign-off form is complete with a member of store management’s signature, and the form is uploaded to the website immediately after the reset before departure from the store
- Complete weekly reset status reports, which will be sent to the Project Manager no later than every Friday at 6PM, which includes reset status, comments, proposed reschedule dates if applicable, and any reasons why the reset was not completed
- Depending on need, the position may require your assistance in another territory
- Any behaviors that appear to warrant disciplinary action must be brought to the attention of the Project Manager and/or Vice President of Operations, who will work with Human Resources to determine the best course of action
- Other duties as assigned