6. New Jersey
7. North Carolina
8. South Carolina
11. New York
Experience: 5 Years of conventional UW experience which Mortgage
Remote working for Infosys client. Due to current industry environment and credit policy requirements, candidates must have at least 5 years of current frontline residential mortgage underwriting experience. Underwriter is responsible for underwriting residential mortgage loans to ensure compliance with bank, investor and secondary market standards. Communicates with processor, originators and other internal and external customers. Meets performance standards and goals established by the bank. Approve acceptable loans within maximum conforming lending limits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform detailed underwriting analysis of Financial mortgage loan products including calculating all income type, calculating complex financial analysis, analyzing title reports and lien information, reviewing all financial statements, and reviewing all additional documentation prior to approval.
- Ensure that all loan files are documented to meet portfolio and investor guidelines to ensure marketability and maintain quality standards.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Mortgage Lending products, policies, processes, and their required documentation; demonstrated expertise with two or more of the following categories preferred - GSE, Government, Portfolio - and/or expertise in government lending.
- Loans to be adequately conditioned to meet Mortgage Lending products, policies, processes, and their required documentation
- Adhere to all compliance regulations and controls.
- Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management to ensure that metrics are met.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with co-workers, internal and external clients, business partners and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Basic knowledge of bank services and products
- Direct Endorsement and Staff Appraisal Reviewer Certifications
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic computer applications, such as mortgage automated processing systems and Microsoft Office software products.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to complete client certification in the prescribed time frame
- Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
- Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.