Position: Network Analyst - Consultant
Location:Carmel, IN 46032
Duration: 3-6 month (with strong possibility of extension)
Shift timings: 8am -5pm ; Mon-Fri
The Network Analyst’s role is to maintain, build and implement network systems designed by Engineers. The Network Analyst will collaborate and provide solution designs and early life support plans with guidance from engineers. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing connectivity for all local and wide area network connections. This role will also troubleshoot network performance issues following Ministry standard structured problem solving techniques, analyze network traffic and provide accurate and timely feedback regarding the quality and reliability of the deployed solutions. Additionally, this role will provide capacity monitoring and planning.
The Network Analyst will consult and collaborate with other departments and vendors to ensure availability, stability and efficiency of the local and wide area networks.
The Network Analyst is responsible for executing project and operational tasks by following all applicable standard operating procedures. The work for this position will come from a central work queue and will be prioritized by the Manager, including proactive administration, work packages and preventative maintenance.
· Associate’s / Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience preferred
· 1 year hardware, software and network connection troubleshooting experience
· 1 year of extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, frame relay, TCP/IP, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11x etc.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Strong customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
· Frequent site-to-site travel will be necessary
· On Call rotation is required.