Position Title: Senior Network Engineer
Position Number: 351800
Location: Work at Home 99999
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
.Net, Cisco, Communications, Engineer, Engineering, Firewall, Network Administration, Network Support, Switches
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Leading healthcare technology company is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join their growing team!
Position: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Bowie, MD
Contract Position: Estimated End Date: 05/15/2021
Senior Network Engineer to support and lead best-in-industry implementations that scale with company''s growing corporate network infrastructure.
The Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for the technical implementation, maintenance, and integration of the corporate LAN, WAN, and virtual server architecture. This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
· Maintains and administers Firewalls, Switches, Web Application Firewalls, and virtual network technologies.
· Follows standards and strategy for the security of the network based on organizational needs
· Designs and implements network changes that prevent outages or incidents, resolve security issues, improve service availability, or improve user experience
· Develops documentation including technical drawings for networking and security implementations
· Monitors network traffic for performance and security optimizations
· Keeps up with industry trends and changing technologies as they relate to the healthcare industry, network engineering and security fields.
· Works with clients on VPN setup, security, and ongoing maintenance
· Works with clients to help design solutions where networking are involved
· Works with other members of the technical teams to create and complete projects in a timely fashion
· Engineer, support and lead best-in-industry implementations, that scale with growing corporate network infrastructure;
· Support company''s internal application and services groups by identifying and presenting their network-impacting requirements to the rest of the network engineering team;
· Use and build tools to deploy and manage company''s rapidly expanding infrastructure;
· Develop, gather, and leverage metrics to manage the network to drive automation, improvement, and performance;
· Take responsibility for the infrastructure from requirements to implementation, including detailed design, analysis, testing, and optimization;
· Administer a multi-site network infrastructure including the entire Fortinet product suite;
· Work with various technologies and industry protocols
· Ensure operational integrity of the national corporate network infrastructure.
· Fortinet Network Security (NSE) Architect or Expert
· Fortinet prodct suite including;
· Cisco Catalyst switches
· CCIE/CCIE with ITIL certification a
· Cisco Nexus Series Virtual Switch, Fabric Extenders, Access Switches, Aggregation Switches, Cisco Catalyst 6509, Cisco Management, and CiscoUCS - UCS Manager, UCS Interface Adapters;
· Network Convergence Unified Fabric, FC, FCoE, Ethernet, and Fabric Extension Technologies (CiscoFEX and VM-FEX, Fabric Interconnects);
· Experience installing, configuring, managing, and upgrading network monitoring with SolarWinds;
· Working knowledge network virtualization components for VMware technologies in particular VMwarevSphere, VMwarevCenter 5.x; and
· Experience with network security solutions, Cisco – ASA/ACS/FirePower.
· Cisco ACI (Software Defined Network)
Bachelor''s degree in information technology or related field.
Fortinet Network Security (NSE) Architect or Expert
CCIE Cert, a plus
CCNA, a plus