JOB TITLE: Operations Coordinator - Benefits Technology
REPORTS TO: Team Manager
DIVISION: Horton Benefit Solutions
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – Summary
The Operations Coordinator – Benefits Technology role is responsible for building benefit administration enrollment sites as well as the implementation phase for any new or existing client. This can include: data imports, benefit plan design, benefit eligibility rules, site testing, client training, open enrollment rollover and client support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Work with various carrier web portals / carrier representatives to obtain specific information in regards to a client’s benefit plan(s), employee information or other details required to bring up a new system.
• Responsible for vendor site setup for complex implementation clients as well as yearly "rollover" of plans during open enrollment.
• Demonstrate an understanding of benefit plan summary data and translate plan summary information to define eligibility and enrollment rules.
• Reviews all benefit plan designs, eligibility rules, and company requirements to a successful site setup and roll out.
• Responsible for new and rollover site testing along with managing the client testing of site.
• After final approval site is rolled out to end users, on-going support and training to the client will continue in the form of technical support, research, and troubleshooting of issues between software and user.
• Train end users on site application either in person or via WebEx
• Participate in meetings and conference calls that pertain to the benefits administration process as needed.
• Follow HBS procedures within Applied Epic.
• Perform other duties as requested, including special projects of an administrative nature.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Life and Health License must be obtained within 120 days of the first day of New Hire Onboarding
• Applicable industry designations preferred
• Extensive benefits administrations and enrollment system experience, most commonly obtained by working in human resources, the health / life insurance industry, or an insurance agency.
• At least three years of relevant experience.
• Ability to train inexperienced users to use the software.
• Superior MS Excel skills and high aptitude to learn new and complex software applications.
• Proficient is databases, MS Office and other benefit administration processes as needed
• Good presentation and communication skills and ability to explain the benefit administration system to both internal and external constituents.
• Ability to consistently meet important deadlines.
• High level of attention to detail in work and quality and follow-through.
- • Strong organization skills
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. All employees are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the corporate values of Driven, Excellent and Together.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption with potential for travel.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
• Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
• Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
• Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
• Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone.
• Travel by air or ground transportation as required in performing job duties.
• Be able to lift and carry objects that weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
- This job description supersedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.