You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Operations Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental.
Position work schedule: Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11:00pm.
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Relocation within the business unit at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skillsAble to prioritize work
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mechanical skills
- Effective interpersonal skillsExcellent influencing skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor's degree required Related field
- Five (5) years or more 2-5 years experienced in customer service with issues resolution preferred
- Five (5) years or more Prior leadership experience preferred
Operations and Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.