Health and Hospital Corporation is an organization that celebrates diversity, and seeks to employ a diverse workforce. We actively encourage all individuals to apply for employment and to seek advancement opportunities. Health and Hospital Corporation also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law. For additional questions please contact us at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Job Role Summary
Research and prepare legal documents in response to subpoenas, interrogatories, complaints, depositions, public records requests, and briefs. Maintain litigation, contract, tort claim, public records and various other databases and spreadsheets. Respond to General Counsel and all levels of management on case status. Assists with processing and routing all contracts through the Legal Department and following up with attorneys as necessary. Acts as an administrator of contract/document management database. Acts as a liaison between departments, vendors and hospital administration by assisting in obtaining signatures, changes to contracts, and assisting in resolving any problems with contracts. Responsible for maintaining and archiving all historical contract data and providing copies of contracts upon request. Assists with managing and processing Business Associate Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, Confidentiality Agreements for Eskenazi Health, the Marion County Public Health Department and the Health and Hospital Corporation. Manages Fleet accidents and processing of claims for Eskenazi Health, the Marion County Public Health Department and Health and Hospital Corporation. Prepares Settlement and assists attorneys in preparation, engagement of, and resolution of claims. Responsible for the management of the insurance payments from Trust Fund and its database. Responsible for preparing monthly Board and committee packets; maintaining and organizing Board records; advertising Board meetings; working with various members of corporation staff on the facilitation of Board meetings; communicating with Board members regarding Board meetings and information; and attending Board meetings and processing minutes. Assists environmental court staff with tasks as needed including document preparation and in court appearances. Prepares and files pleadings and returns of service, assists with mail, interacts with Environmental Health Inspectors, and serves as back-up to primary environmental court paralegal to support attorneys. Responsible for answering questions from internal and external customers on housing and environmental issues as necessary. Provide calendar management, including scheduling meetings and travel arrangements for attorneys, and various administrative tasks for the Legal Department. Assist General Counsel with fiscal operations and management of the Legal Department. Receive and route all telephone calls received in the Legal Department. Willing to provide similar duties to other departments when needed or requested.
- B.S. or B.A. required or minimum of 7 years of related, professional experience
- General knowledge of contracts
- Knowledge of and minimum of 3 years’ experience in public health, public health law, health law and environmental law preferred
- Experience with business, hospital administration and management contracts preferred
- Ability to coordinate/communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships, particularly with executive administration, outside corporations/organizations, legal counsel and state and federal administrations
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Insurance litigation background desired
- Meet the Health and Hospital Corporation’s driver qualifications
- A valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of public health, emergency preparedness and environmental law.
- Proficient in the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LexisNexis, Outlook/iNotes, Board Effect, Accela and SAP
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a faced- paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a group.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various work functions effectively.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.