IUPUI SCHOOL OF SCIENCE (IN-SCI-IUINA)
The Office of Pre-Professional & Career Preparation (PREPs) in the IUPUI School of Science is hiring a part-time Administrative Coordinator.
This position provides administrative assistance to the director and staff and generally manages the business affairs of the IUPUI School of Science PREPs Office as part of the daily mission to support students as they connect with employers and further their academic aspirations.
- Manages the daily office administrative affairs of PREPs, including general work in the university financial system to monitor budget, complete requisition and purchase orders, maintain and order office supplies, and coordinate general office maintenance.
- Serves as first point of contact for the department; receives, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail, presentation requests, and email promptly, courteously, and accurately.
- Provides event and communication support in the PREPs office, including event and logistics planning and on-site event support.
- Works directly with external vendors and university partners; creates, maintains and updates various electronic resources and print materials, coordinating with vendors for print production and delivery.
- Serves as liaison with other outside parties, other departments, and the Dean's and Business offices.
High school diploma and two years of administrative experience.
Bachelor's degree with administrative experience in higher education.
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Beginning with the fall 2021 semester, all Indiana University students, faculty, and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of enrollment / employment. To learn more about this requirement, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.