IUPUI HEALTH SERVICES (IN-SHSR-IUINA)
High quality healthcare right on campus.
Our mission at IUPUI Campus Health is to provide the best care at a low cost to our patients. Our primary focus is to ensure our students stay healthy and have access to our services when they are feeling under the weather. Our other goals are to provide medical services to IUPUI employees when related to their work, educational and training sessions. We are accredited by the American Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
This position performs and oversees the patient registration and processing, including making appointments and entering demographic and medical information at IUPUI Campus Health and Campus Center. Specific duties include answering telephones, making medical appointments, scanning, and faxing documents and other front office duties as determined necessary for the operation of the department. The Coordinator will oversee operations of the front desk, including daily auditing of patient voicemail and emails. Manage staff to ensure that staffing is adequate for front office workflows. Act as a liaison between front office staff and clinic manager and/or Billing Manager to train and ensure sustainability of new processes. Other duties include providing support for office billing and the supervision other front office staff working on billing projects. Process and supervise front office staff who process Release of Information requests. This position is also responsible for administrative duties in support of the manager and the clinic. These duties may include ordering clerical supplies, working with management on projects such as policy updates and creating new standard work for the office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises Front Office staff to ensure that staff is utilized in such a way as to provide sufficient coverage for patient check-in and check-out. Oversees front office responsibilities such as answering phones and voicemail messages, payments, mail, record requests, and cleaning logs to ensure that office procedure is followed and done efficiently. Ability to work autonomously to make decisions as to how to optimize front office staffing and workflows.
- Performs patient registration and processing, including making appointments on both the provider and nursing schedules (including new hire and FIT testing). Files, photocopies, scans, and accomplishes other front office duties as determined necessary for the operations of the department.
- Provides clerical support to clinic personnel by registering and checking-out patients, including entering demographic and medical information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The position makes medical and nursing appointments via phone and in person or as directed by clinic personnel at IUPUI Campus Health. Assist and supports clinical personnel with all general office work, including but not limited to transporting documents, assisting in the production of material, and/or it distribution, faxing, scanning or other clerical support role.
- Provides support for reviewing incoming faxes and information and directing information to the most appropriate individual. Enters data into the Electronic Medical Record provided by patients. Processes Medical Record requests and obtains historical charts from storage when needed. Ensures that front office staff is following policy and procedure for Medical Record Management.
- Runs the necessary end of day report to determine whether all payments have been entered, and all receipts from credit cards are available. Assures that cash bag and mail is collected and distributed upon delivery. Signs for and announces delivery of all packages within department.
- Responds to patient billing inquiries and works with Managers to resolve complex billing issues. Assists billing manager with preparation and recording student Bursar Payments, IU department billings, IU Health Workers Compensation and IUHP Physician billings.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and ordering necessary supplies. Assists management with special projects such and policy and procedure updates, standard work updates and other administrative duties.
High school diploma or GED and one year of office administration or secretarial experience.
Proficient in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple requests from customers simultaneously. Possesses strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, effectively work with people of different cultures, and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to take responsibility for solving problems, making improvements, and delivering quality services with a customer-focused mindset in an environment that fosters understanding, collaborative teamwork and knowledge sharing. Exceptional communication skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner. Ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects.
Some college. Experience in a healthcare environment.
Working Conditions / Demands
Equipment utilized: Must be able to operate a personal computer and standard office equipment (copier, fax machine, credit card terminal, etc.).
1140 W. Michigan Street, suite #100
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Salary Plan: CL
Salary Grade: 06
Job Function: Finance
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information .
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online . You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.