Physical Therapist Assistant ( PTA )
CommuniCare Rehab, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies has a PRN position available for a Physical Therapist Assistant ( PTA ) at Eagle Creek Healthcare Center in Indianapolis, IN. Our therapists are in-house and members of the CommuniCare family.
Responsibilities: The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities live with increased independence to use public transportation and increase their mobility independence.
- Implements treatment plan through direct treatment and collaboration with Physical Therapist, education of treatment staff which includes fellow therapists and other members of team involved in the treatment plan.
- Receive necessary supervision from the Physical Therapist.
- Maintain professional growth and development, by participating in continuing education programs, and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical record, facility and rehab related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Assist in leading interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meeting when appropriate.
- Complies with the documentation requirements of the rehab department and facility.
- Assist with staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services as well as consultations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Reviews and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation