DTE Energy is currently seeking multiple Pipeline Safety Engineers at the Principal, SR or Staff level in their Detroit, MI location.
DTE Energy is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services in the United States and Canada.
The Principal Pipeline Safety Engineer responsible for the development and implementation of Pipeline Safety elements including Operational Controls, management of change and Incident Investigation as well as corrective and preventative action programs.
If you have the drive, passion and excitement for this kind highly regulated mission ciritical type of position and are looking for a new opportunity, career progression an outstanding compensation package, and have experience in Pipeline Safety Engineering in Natural Gas or Oil and Gas, we want to speak to you!
Relocation assistance is available!
As a Principal Engineer you will:
- Responsible for planning and conducting intermediate to more complex engineering related activities requiring the use of creative techniques
- Participates on and leads teams, as well as develops effective relationships with key decision makers, as needed
- Develop and implementation of Pipeline Safety elements (part of API 1173, PSMS)
- Applies strong knowledge and background of engineering and scientific principles and practices in a variety of assignments
- Develop, coordinate, and direct critical projects or field engineering assignments that are large or complex
- Leads or plays key role on process improvement teams
- Initiate or perform engineering studies, proposing solutions or recommending alternatives
- Develop presentations of engineering-related projects to stakeholders
- Develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques and solutions
- Conducts studies and analyses to assist in the resolution of engineering-related issues; may assist with
- Developing engineering standards and practices
- Mentors and provides guidance/direction for less experienced engineers