Our client is an award-winning manufacturing company who is viewed as a leader in its industry who is looking to add a professional to its engineering team. They are an essential business, and their continued growth has opened up an opportunity to join one of the most established and highly regarded businesses in the area.
The Plant Engineer (PE) will be responsible for all plant related engineering and manufacturing projects. The PE helps define project objectives and requirements, structures the planning, develops the schedule, and drives execution. The Plant Engineer role includes helping to select new equipment & process development as well as drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. The Plant Engineer (PE) must ensure consistent practices across all projects from initiation through the entire product life cycle. This person champions collaboration among functions, stakeholders, and partners across the business to optimize the total output of the organization and is accountable for successful integration of capital projects including on time, on budget, and within scope deliverables.
Position Functions and Responsibilities:
· Serves as the technical liaison between R&D, Maintenance and Manufacturing working closely with the sales representatives
· Lead the end-to-end project management from kickoff meeting through commercialization by coordinating communication and efforts among internal and external constituents (including design engineers).
· Develop and maintain PMO as well as project subsites for project monitoring, control, and status reports.
· Ensure that quality programs meet product change requirements and coordinate analysis testing.
· Maintenance and enforcement of policies & documents including engineering drawings, specifications, work instructions, and SOP’s. Database management of this information for accuracy and ease of access.
· Continue to evolve and refine our approach to driving continuous improvement.
· Responsible for enforcing and following Safety Rules, policies, procedures and work instructions.
· Responsible for following all Food Safety related policies and procedures.
· Position reports to the Plant Engineering Manager.
Strategic Duties and Responsibilities:
· Voice of manufacturing for new equipment and new product integrations.
· Drive decision-making for the best location for product production and the best equipment on which to produce the product.
· Monitor relationships and continually drive partnerships with key industry vendors.