At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Are you looking to make a significant difference by contributing to the development and application of cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods to drug design? If so, this position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a team dedicated to advancing drug design methods and impacting pharmaceutical project efforts within a major pharmaceutical research organization. Do you have a strong interest in drug design, artificial intelligence, deep learning (DL), machine learning (ML), computational chemistry and cheminformatics? Check out this opportunity!
We are seeking a hardworking and ambitious post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to a highly visible data driven De Novo Design (DND) research project. Your work will include:
- Design and implement data-driven AI DND methods able to accommodate multiple objectives to generate novel molecules.
- Explore new, alternative ways to encode 2D/3D and property information including, for example, 3D ligand-target information, precedent reaction knowledge, etc.
- Define appropriate framework(s) for the design of molecules within the optimal multi-objective space
- Implement and apply a robust DND performance assessment process taking into account chemical space coverage.
- Mine available pharmaceutical data required for the preparation of robust machine learning models to use as pharmaceutical objectives
- Collaborate within a vibrant interdisciplinary team to identify areas of key need across pre-clinical discovery and champion creative solutions to address those needs.
- Maintain external awareness and share learnings to benefit the organization.
- Present findings at conferences and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
This role will be embedded in Lilly’s Medicines Innovation Hub (MIH), which serves as leading-edge scientific unit working across all disease areas to identify and develop quality targets, hits, leads, and drug candidates.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Ph.D. in computer sciences, cheminformatics, computational chemistry or a related field
If you are described with these skills, you could be a great fit for the role:
- Strong programming and scripting skills (Python, Linux shell, pipelining, data curation)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the major cheminformatics toolkits and one of the major AI/DL/ML packages (for example TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Self-directed and highly motivated individual who wants to learn new techniques while continually pursuing research and publication goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and scientific creativity
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) with presentation experience, along with a strong publication record.
- Demonstrated expertise in AI/ML method development and application to molecular design, reaction informatics, predictive modeling or other related problem domain is a plus.
This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend to 3 years and for maximum of up to 4 years.You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.
About EliLilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It’s challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology and chemistry – ultimately bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team.Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
Top industry research experience
Mentoringby some of Lilly’s top scientists
Training and coaching opportunities to further your development
Collaboration and networking acrossotherpostdoctoral scientists and researchers
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.