At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It’s challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology and chemistry – ultimately bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of Lilly's history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our drug discovery and development teams.
Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. As part of Neuroscience Discovery team you will interact with other groups and departments within Eli Lilly and Company. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by top scientists
- Laboratory and classroom training and education to foster your development
Would you describe yourself as a proactive and highly motivated individual who wants to develop and learn new techniques while continually pursuing research and publication goals? We are seeking a results-oriented post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to highly innovative research projects. Your work will utilize cutting-edge technologies to increase the understanding of the neuronal representation of somatosensory / pain signaling in the central nervous system, which will ultimately lead to insights on novel analgesic targets.
Opportunities in this role:
- Investigate multiplexed neuronal activity, along with multiple behavioral paradigms and pharmacological modulations including in-vivo measurements and analyses of high-dimensional neuronal activities in rodents.
- Collect and analyze multidimensional neuronal activity patterns in combination with various behavioral/nociceptive conditions, pharmacological manipulations and computational / statistical / machine learning methods.
- Identify areas of key need across preclinical methodology studying neuronal activity in pain pathways and champion creative solutions to address those needs.
- Maintain external awareness and learning.
- Present findings at conferences and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
Basic Qualifications :
- PhD in biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology or associated life science related field, with preferred strong background in neuroscience.
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Proficiency and motivation in rodent handling and stereotaxic surgical techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) with presentation experience, along with a strong publication record.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and actively solicits input from scientists on the team
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Experience in quantitative methods associated with in-vivo imaging / electrophysiology, small animal surgery, behavioral assessments, custom instrumentation, and/or computational methods
- Raises the bar and is not satisfied with the status quo
Additional Information :
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend to 3 years and for maximum of up to 4 years. You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.
Information for Internal Employees :
If you are currently in a technical path role, but outside of the posting band, you may apply. You will be hired at your current level. For example: Current P4 (tech ladder), Posting R1-2 tech ladder, hire will occur at P4.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.