At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We are seeking an ambitious post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to high visible research projects. Your work will contribute to the development of complex synthetic peptides. In this role, you will:
- Develop novel synthetic peptide methodology and apply to complex polypeptide syntheses.
- Exploration of solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) and hybrid solution phase chemistry using green reagents and solvents.
- Utilize LC and Mass Spec Analysis for peptide characterization.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor, colleagues and external research communities to promote a world-class research environment.
- Delivery against tight timelines.
- Present findings at conferences and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
This role will be embedded in Lilly’s Medicines Innovation Hub (MIH), which serves as leading-edge scientific unit working across all disease areas to identify and develop quality targets, hits, leads, and drug candidates.
- PhD in life science related field.
- Peptide chemistry experience.
If you are described with these skills, you could be a great fit for the role:
- Self-directed and highly motivated individual who wants to learn new techniques while continually pursuing research and publication goals.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) with presentation experience, along with a strong publication record.
- Strong analytical skills for integrating and interpreting complex datasets.
- Strong peptide synthesis, and /or semi-synthesis background.
- Advocacy for green chemistry and application to peptide science.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and strong commitment to research in a team environment.
- Experienced with solid phase and liquid phase peptide synthesis.
- Familiar with peptide purification technologies.
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend to 3 years and for maximum of up to 4 years. You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.
About Eli Lilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It’s challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology and chemistry – ultimately bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team. Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by some of Lilly’s top scientists
- Training and coaching opportunities to further your development
- Collaboration and networking across other postdoctoral scientists and researchers
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.