Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at www.praxairsurfacetechnologies.com
The Slurry/GP Team Leader manages the operations necessary to safely produce Sermatech slurry coatings, and general processing of metallic powders at the quality to achieve world class coating and printing products. It is expected that these standards be met by following Praxair Standard practices in all aspects of this job. This role reports directly to the Product Line Manager.
- Leads the department in all aspects of safety, quality, production, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Provides a supportive work environment which fosters Praxair’s values
- Assigns and schedules work to meet requirements and deadlines
- Functions and coordinates across departments as needed to ensure commitments are met
- Responsible for training and development of all direct reports and operators within department
- Referred to as the process expert on all equipment and products within manufacturing department
- Provides detailed production reports to PLM and Production Manager as needed
- Performs minor repairs or routine maintenance adjustments to production equipment. Assists maintenance team with nonroutine maintenance repair work (HWP) and Confined Space Entry Permits
- Serves as the liaison between production department and support cells (i.e. Safety, Quality, Engineering, Contractors, etc.)
- Performs in process testing to determine material status
- High level ability in Oracle software (opens and manages jobs, performs material transactions, run reports, manage purchases and fixed costs, expense reports, etc.)
- Develops and revises critical documents such as JSA’s, SOP’s, etc.
- Other Duties Assigned