If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
This posting is for a new Huse Culinary concept, the HC Tavern + Kitchen. Interviews for this position will begin early January 2020.
Prep Cook Essential Job Functions
- Communicate all food equipment concerns to management.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Be sure all food item temperatures are cooked and served at proper temperatures.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Assist in food prep assignments as needed.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Properly handle, store, label, and rotate all products.
- Assist with and maintain a clean and sanitary work station.
- Assist with cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Maintain a professional kitchen environment by actively participating in routine and special cleaning projects.
- Record HACCP and line checks daily.
- Follow the closing checklist to properly close kitchen stations and assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive and Sous Chefs.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
Prep Cook Job Requirements
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understand federal, state, and local food handling regulations.
- State certified in food handling procedures.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Prep Cook Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen staff.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Prep Cook Schedule
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants' requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some holidays.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
Prep Cook Uniform
- Clean black slip-resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- White chef coat. (Company provided)
- Company hat is worn during a shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Prep Cook Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.