At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
The Process Control Engineer provides automation support for manufacturing operations in accordance with appropriate GMP and safety guidelines. This support includes change control implementation, deviation investigation, routine automation computer system support activities, and off hours automation computer system support. The Process Control Engineer also leads non-routine automation computer system support activities, delivers engineering projects to the business, is able to utilize first principles in delivery of these solutions, and can recommend new control strategies for the various chemical processes utilized in manufacturing operations.
Manufacturing Operations Automation Support
- Provide automation technical support to manufacturing operations for automation control system platforms and/or process information systems (e.g., data historians).
- Provide a high level of data mining and analysis to identify improvements in the manufacturing process.
- Design and implement automation related changes to manufacturing operations
- Lead investigation of automation related deviations.
- Perform system support activities (e.g. system backups, performance monitoring, password maintenance, etc.)
- Provide off hours automation support to operations.
- Perform all work in a manner consistent with Lilly policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and ensure safety of others.
Provide engineering solutions to the business
- Automation design and delivery of new process units.
- Provides project management and technical leadership to projects.
- Oversight of specialists and/or contractors assisting in the delivery of automation solutions.
- Utilizes S88 and fundamental engineering principles in the delivery of automation solutions.
- Is responsible for ensuring that life-cycle plans are developed and executed for automation systems.
Provide recommendations on new control strategies/technologies
- Research and maintain familiarity with various control strategies/technologies
- Research and maintain familiarity with chemical processes utilized in pharmaceutical manufacturing
Mentor Technicians, Specialists, and Engineers
- Mentor specialists in technical and professional development.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technology Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to configure process control systems and troubleshoot computer hardware.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience with manufacturing deviation and change control processes
- Previous experience with automation/building management control systems
- Experience working in a regulated environment for 2 years.
- Understanding of S88
- Familiar with control theory.
- Able to provide 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on-call support approximately 1 week per month
- Tasks require entering manufacturing and laboratory areas which require wearing appropriate PPE.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.