At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Process Engineering Center (PEC) is a group of skilled engineering practitioners who possess deep technical expertise and have access to appropriate lab facilities. The PEC partners with plant engineers, site process engineers, Global Facility Delivery engineers, development engineers, and scientists to provide rigorous technical solutions.
- Primary and secondary support for large capital project delivery.
- Work effectively with partner companies and contractors as needed.
- Partner with other senior technical staff to deliver to perform aspects of project delivery including but not limited to:
- Equipment Specification and delivery
- Site and Factory Acceptance activities
- Verification/Qualification activity
- Problem resolution
- Incident investigation including root cause analysis
- Details of Major Capital Support:
- Provide technical consulting for filling equipment, both conceptual and detailed design, to Global Facilities Delivery on major capital projects;
- Support the Design Delivery Gate Review process by maintaining Gate protocols and executing gates on major projects and participates in Manufacturability Review assessments
- Investigate, develop, and integrate emerging technology and capabilities applicable to the Parenteral manufacturing process to meet production and compliance requirements.
- Future expectation of Front-line/project support of Parenteral operations
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field.
- 3 or more years in cGMP manufacturing or manufacturing support experience
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Exposure to parenteral processing equipment and operations including formulation, filling, freeze drying, visual inspection, and isolation equipment.
- Exposure or Front-line support to aseptic filling lines
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with outside suppliers
- Knowledge of C4I and LEAN methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Professional Engineering (PE) License desired but not required.
Additional Information :
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time, US and international.
- Expectation that the position will be based out of Indianapolis with the potential to relocate to Raleigh, North Carolina based on business need
- Will require occasional work in a variety of manufacturing environments; some safety equipment and/or gowning may be required.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.