At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Process Engineering Center (PEC) is a group of skilled engineering practitioners who possess deep technical expertise and have access to appropriate lab facilities. The PEC partners with plant engineers, site process engineers, Global Facility Delivery engineers, development engineers, and scientists to provide rigorous technical solutions.
Key attributes include the following: Technical contributions based on first principles, delivering technical solutions with significant business impact across the API network, influencing leadership through technical input across the API network, improving engineering practices in the Engineering Function seeking external perspective to solicit best practices, and mentoring/coaching engineers across the company.
Key Objectives / Deliverables
- Partner with TS/MS and Quality to develop,validate, and improve processes in Large Molecule networks and drive continuous platform improvements.
- Collaborate with development (e.g. BR&D)- develop unit operations for different manufacuturing platforms. Contribute to manufacturability reviews.
- Partner with manufacturing sites (e.g. Kinsale Large Molecule, API External Manufacturing, IAPI) to solve current manufacturing issues and work on long term technology solutions. Lead and support efforts to drive optimization and reliability of unit operations.
- Support sites in continuing to build key technical capabilities for Large Molecule processing and support successful tech transfer of products.
- Engage proactively on technology choices for major capital projects and support those projects through design oversight and technical analysis to support implementation.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines (automation, mechanical, instrument) and technologists to provide complete solutions, assess and introduce new technologies.
- Support Due Diligence activities of the corporation as needed.
- Provide knowledge sharing and mentoring through technical reports, presentations and direct interactions.
- Leverage external resources to stay current in specific area of technology expertise and when necessary to complement internal resources.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical engineering with minimum 5 years experience including design and manufacturing support in large molecule Development or manufacturing
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Analysis and PC skills including appropriate modeling and math capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Successful candidate will frequently work independently and, as such, must be a self-starter and capable of working with little direction
- PE desired, but not required.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) preferred but not required
Additional Information :
- Domestic (including Puerto Rico) and International travel required (~20 to 30%).
- Potential for Short term assignments at any of the large molecule sites (US and OUS) to support business initiatives
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.