OFFICE OF THE DEAN - MEDICINE (IN-DOSM-IUINA)
Indiana University School of Medicine is a national leader in medical research and education. With 25 academic departments across nine campuses statewide, and strong clinical partnerships with Indiana's most advanced hospitals and physician networks, the school is continuously advancing its mission to prepare healers and transform health in Indiana and throughout the world. This role works in the Office of the Dean supporting the Chief of Staff.
Bring your experience with making feasible recommendations informed by instituational knowledge and understanding of IUSM's people, culture, systems, processes, finances and policies to collborate with the Chief of Staff in executing strategic priorities. Provides administrative leadership in development, implementation, and evaluation of programs to ensure strategic goals and objectives are met. Plans implements, and develops the program's activities to meet its goals and mission. Manages medium to large projects, from start to finish, on time and within budget. Develops project plan(s) and efficiently analyzes, tracks, forecasts, and reports on project metrics and shortfalls. Coordinates and facilitates efforts of project team(s) consisting of various stakeholders. Performs duties necessary for program operations.
IU's role descriptors represent a summary of the types of duties and responsibilities required for a given job which are included below:
- Implements the organization's strategic vision and direction by developing, initiating, and/or supporting new programs and projects, creating annual work plans, and operating within a board-approved balanced budget.
- Oversees or represents the program in communications to program participants, supporting institutions, collaborators in other units, community partners, vendors and the public. Troubleshoots and resolves issues and programs.
- Keep abreast of best practices to create and implement policies and procedures that deliver a quality program experience.
- Oversees maintenance of items related to budgets for programs.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge and understanding of principles, practices, procedures, and skills necessary to perform in profession or area of specialization.
- Requires the ability to exercise sound judgment and apply expert analysis techniques within area of specialization to make decisions.
- Requires advanced problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Using understanding of fiscal operations when formulating project plans.
- Often responsible for resolving unclear situations utilizing expertise in specialized field.
Bachelor's degree and five years of experience in a related field.
Combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion. Demonstrated project management skills. Maintains a high degree of professionalism. Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills. Demonstrates a high commitment to quality. Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty. Highly thorough and dependable. Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure. Possesses a high degree of initiative. Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
Demonstrated history of using sound judgment (displaying balanced thinking, combining wisdom, analysis, experience, and perspective) when providing oversight and direction for programs and can guide others to completion of the initiative while keeping stakeholders apprised of progress.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. Ability to navigate around campus, to other IU locations and on occassion, IUH locations as well as specific IUSM events. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Advanced
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Program Management
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.