Salary Range: 36000.00 To 37080.00 (USD) Annually
Job Title: Program Manager, Mission Expansion
Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: Deputy Director, Programs
Position Overview: The PM, Mission Expansion is responsible for determining the needs for state growth and identifying new schools and corporations to develop Best Buddies chapters. In this capacity, the PM, Mission Expansion will select new programs, train chapter leaders (school and corporate) to advance engagement in the mission, facilitate the certification process to officially open Best Buddies programs, and track the ongoing certification process to ensure all chapter leaders meet mission standards. Key responsibilities may also include supporting other staff and volunteers to ensure chapters are engaged in the mission; meeting Best Buddies requirements; participating in programmatic events and initiatives; and identifying funding opportunities for state events. The PM, Mission Expansion will work closely with the state and national leadership to develop new funding sources, identify sponsors, and advance the mission through development opportunities in addition to chapter onboarding and volunteer management.
Job Qualifications – Qualified applicants must have:
- Management/supervisory experience, fundraising experience including special event planning individual donor cultivation, major gift prospecting securing corporate and foundation grants/gifts, and/or personally soliciting major gifts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing, driving, and motivating volunteers for the cultivation and solicitation of program development and special event support.
- Strong desire and motivation to carry out the Best Buddies mission, with a focus on program advancement and staff development.
- Exhibit strong initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills.
- Have a clear understanding of multiple communication platforms and proficient use of social media, Best Buddies Online resources and tracking tools, Adcieo, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and access to an automobile with applicable insurance.
- Determine state needs to expand Best Buddies programs in elementary, middle, and high schools, colleges, and at the citizen corporate level and through community buddy pairs.
- Work with the Program Supervisor and Area Director to identify schools and corporations to start Best Buddies chapters for youth and adults.
- Select and train chapter leaders in each program, specifically focused on the certification and ongoing training of school/corporate faculty to serve as chapter advisors.
- Track and evaluate completion of onboarding benchmarks to ensure all new chapters understand programmatic expectations to fully meet all Best Buddies goals, deadlines, and expectations.
- Transition all chapters after one year of onboarding to the caseloads of the PM, Volunteers.
- Manage Citizens Corporate and Community chapters; identify and onboard Corporate/Community Chapter leads and provide support to identified liaisons.
- Serves as communication point person for volunteer concerns, needs, and questions in the region.
- Responsible for tracking all reporting and chapter updates using online platforms for the region.
- Identifies, cultivates, and develops volunteers capable of making personal commitments and becoming directly involved in the solicitation process on behalf of Best Buddies.
- Help develop a pipeline for growth in the region by making contacts with schools, community groups, corporations, etc. as determined by Area Director.
- Assist with the identification and development of fundraising opportunities and partnerships to support regional events and/or programmatic support and expansion.
- Assist with planning and execution of regional events and partnerships as directed by the Area Director.