Are you an accountant who enjoys detailed project work, to the point that it makes you giddy when everything ties out?
Do coworkers know you as someone who takes pride in your accuracy when it comes reconciliations, to the point you enjoy teaching your methods to others?
If you are a process-minded communicator who is most fulfilled when collaborating with other professionals, we invite you to consider joining the Integrated Office (IO) team at K
•Coe Isom as a Project Leader. Our group is on the forefront of innovation within the accounting profession. We’re utilizing technology to synthesize data more quickly, changing the landscape and increasing our need for leaders who consistently bring their critical thinking skills into play.
What our team does:
Integrated Office is an agile and innovative technology platform designed around clients. It was developed to bridge the divide between business operations and intelligent data. IO is breaking barriers with its full business connectivity through a single point of entry dashboard. It integrates and organizes all business operations data – from daily financials to profit margins to market statistics… the applications are limitless. IO technology effortlessly drives financial decision-making and advances operations management for farms and businesses.
Our people are curious question-askers, unafraid of change. They spend their days helping business owners evaluate the state of their financial operations, which lead into real and practical decisions that impact the success of their businesses. If selected as a Project Leader, you’ll lead the team in reviewing data and trends to determine if what we’re seeing ‘makes sense’.
What you’ll be doing:
The project leader can expect to become a key business partner for our clients and help them strategically grow their business, as you provide detailed project oversight. This role will provide you with an opportunity to challenge the status quo and make a real difference as you effectively manage people, projects, and clients. As Project Lead and the ‘on boarder’, you’re likely to impact client first impressions as you guide them through software launches, changes to their financial reporting processes, and accounting system transitions. (In fact, this role will likely provide you with direct client contact sooner than many other opportunities at this level.) Your ability to delegate effectively is key, as you lead a team of bright accounting professionals. Working together, you’ll develop creative ideas and deliver significant value to our clients.
What you’ll need for this position:
- At least 3 years of experience in public accounting
- Experience with financial reporting
- Demonstrated success in preparing and presenting accounting client deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate financial information
- An interest in leading and mentoring other team members
- Willingness to travel occasionally overnight
- Business development exposure
- Project management software experience
- Technical training abilities
- Agricultural industry exposure (for Pinion IO Team)
What’s in it for you:
- Leadership, influence, fulfillment, growth and development
- A people-centered culture, with fun as part of our core firm values
- A robust training and development program, designed to help you enhance your distinct abilities and use them to grow your career and the firm
- More freedom to explore and focus on your unique areas of interest
•Coe Isom offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave. EOE.
How to apply: We're not your average firm. Show us how you're not the average project leader! Impress us with your technical skills, and then blow our minds with your attention to detail and communication style. Submit your interest via an online application at careers.kcoe.com. Attach a cover letter highlighting the ways that your experience and approach might blend well with our unique way of supporting internal and external clients.