Do you have a passion for serving our patients and our communities by providing high-quality, family-oriented, primary and preventive health care services? Are you looking for a rewarding career with a company that has a dynamic work culture? If the answer is yes, the Provider Support Medical Assistant position at WindRose Health Network could be the job you are looking for.
We are currently seeking a Provider Support Medical Assistant that will work effectively within the WindRose Health Network culture, which is described as family-friendly, supportive, transparent, and treats employees as we would want employees to treat our patients. We are seeking a Provider Support Medical Assistant in Marion County that is a good advocate for their patients, solution-oriented, honest and passionate. WindRose Health Network provides an opportunity for our employees to gain experience in a high energy, caring, supportive, technology-enhanced work environment, while making a difference in the lives of others.
- The Provider Support Medical Assistant will be working in a fast-paced family practice care setting supporting the physician in providing care while utilizing excellent customer service skills. This person should be able to prioritize, be detail oriented, able to multi-task and be self-directed to work with patients in direct contact daily, while contributing to the team atmosphere.
Essential Job Duties:
- Able to identify, prioritize and offer nursing help as needed for provider.
- Assist physician and Nurse Practitioner in exam rooms.
- Room patients; including weight, vital signs, taking medical history, etc.
- Completing electronic charting
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Perform in-house labs (hemoglobin, strep, flu, lead, etc.)
- Hearing and vision screens
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment..
- Assist physician with any additional tasks as assigned
- Ensure patient rooms and waiting rooms are clean and presentable.
- Report to patients, results or messages from the providers via phone.
- Maintain all logs and required checks
- Behavioral health experience is a plus
- A qualified candidate must be fluent in the Burmese speaking
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program/Certification required
- 1-3 years preferred experience as MA in a medical office.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills; verbally and written
- Health Insurance (low cost)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- STD/LTD/Life Insurance Employer Paid
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Holidays
- (PTO) Paid Time Off