Facility: OrthoIndy Northwest, Indianapolis, IN
Department: Clinic Services
Shift Details: PRN as neeeded
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Radiologic Technologist operates radiologic equipment to produce high quality diagnostic images, as directed by Physicians, using proper techniques while following specialized orthopedic protocols to provide the best care possible to our OrthoIndy patients.
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking x-rays following established protocols. Instructs patient regarding procedures. Observes patient for vital signs during examination.
- Adjusts radiation dose factors by selecting kVp and mAs for radiation exposure on individual patient basis, utilizes the AEC function when appropriate and following the radiation principle of "as low as reasonably achievable".
- Ensures radiology safety principles are followed, including: time, distance, and shielding in order to provide radiation safety to self, other staff members, patients, and patient family members.
- Examines radiologic images for quality including properties such as density and contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
- Works with the PACS system to adjust images and merge studies when appropriate.
- May assist in digitizing film into the PACS system.
- Authorizes release of patients upon completion of radiologic examination.
- Maintains organization, cleanliness, function of radiology rooms, and keeps rooms stocked. Cleans and makes minor adjustments to radiologic equipment.
- Participates in training employees, residents, and student technologists in equipment operation, patient movement, and quality assurance.
- Radiologic Technologist will be responsible for providing Urgent Care Clinic coverage as needed. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to printing out medical history forms, reconciling medications and allergies, recording DOI, inputting X-ray orders in Allscripts, placing DME's on patients, and other responsibilities as needed.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist certification Required
- Machine Operators License Required
- BLS certification Required
- 1 - 2 years of experience Preferred
- Associate's degree preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer