Facility: OrthoIndy Clinics, Indianapolis and surrounding OI Locations
Department: Clinic Services
Shift Details: Full Time, Days, 40 hours per week, Salaried
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties
The Radiology Manager ensures high quality patient care and imaging services by developing and overseeing the maintenance of quality control, equipment maintenance, state certification, and other applicable standards. The Manager fosters a team environment and uses professional communication skills and performs radiography procedures as needed.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the radiology department. Manages workflow for all Radiology sites, equipment and patient care. Ensures adequate supplies are maintained. Addresses and respond to problems and service levels. Monitors patient flow and practices service recovery.
- Supports human resource management including maintenance of job description, staff supervision, staff development and training, staff coverage, performance evaluations, and hiring. Recommends changes in work to assure efficiency in staffing and scheduling.
- Responsible for developing and implementing quality standards. Participates and reports Peer Review and Quality Assurance.
- Maintains Radiology protocol manuals. Helps to create and maintain department goals. Responsible for the development of policies and procedures concerning Radiology.
- Completes all duties of technologist in their area of training and expertise.
- Ensures all imaging equipment is properly maintained and functioning, and that preventative maintenance schedules are followed.
- Works with PACS system to identify, label, and enhance images as well as merge exams as appropriate.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with accreditation, legal, and other regulatory requirements.
- Follows policies for personal radiation monitoring and checks radiation badge reports for inconsistencies in dosage amounts. Practices radiation safety principles of time, distance, shielding in order to provide radiation safety to self, staff members, patients and patients' family members.
- Participates in budget management and encourages fiscal responsibility among all departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Radiologic Technology required
- 2-4 years of radiology technologist experience required
- Clinic management experience preferred
- Radiologic Technologist license required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification required
- Current Machine Operators License with the Indiana State Department of Health required
- BLS certification required
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer