Do you have a desire to serve those in need?
Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana is seeking Recovery Specialists for our Indianapolis Women's Turning Point facility.
Turning Point Recovery Center is a residential additions treatment program for men and women involved in the Criminal Justice System. Through this program, clients are offered the opportunity to address their addiction through treatment rather than face incarceration in response to their struggles with sobriety. The program uses an individualized and comprehensive approach to treatment and accepts referrals for clients involved in the Criminal Justice System. Our residential treatment provides 24/7 support to clients.
Turning Point Recovery Center is one of the programs that Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana offers to address community needs. We are committed to reaching and uplifting all people. We serve people in need and create opportunities for them to rebuild their lives to reach their full potential. Volunteers of America is a church without walls dedicated to serving and uplifting all people.
The Recovery Specialist is responsible for monitoring the functional operations of the Residential Addictions Treatment Program and facility in accordance with DMHA, CARF, Department of Child Services, and VOA polices and procedures.
- Provide basic case management and community resource connection support to clients. While ensuring that the client environment is one that is therapeutic and promotes healthy recovery from addiction.
- Facilitate group skill training to clients
- Maintain chronological written records of events that occur during the shift.
- Transport clients as needed in company approved vehicles
- Control contraband in facility through general observation and room searches.
- Monitor entrance to facility and answer telephones. Monitor visitor activities.
- Administer and document breathalyzer tests, urine screens, and searches to clients as needed.
We are currently seeking to fill both full and part time positions.
For full time positions we offer a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision and a 403b with company match. Our work touches the mind, body, heart – and ultimately the spirit – of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.
- The position requires a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Certification in first aid and CPR preferred.
- Certified Recovery Specialist (CSR), Certified Healthcare Worker (CHW), or Recovery Coach (RC) certification required or completion of certification within one year of employment.
- A valid state driver’s license is required.
- It requires the ability to communicate in writing and orally.
- Education or experience working in human services preferred.
- Good record keeping, math, computer and leadership skills are essential.