We are currently seeking an experienced Medical Surgical Registered Nurse with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate provides for his or her patients and exceeding expectations. As a RN in med-surg nursing you will provide adult care before and after medical procedures and surgeries. Facilities that hire medical surgical travel nurses include hospitals, outpatient clinics, specialty surgery centers, and long-term care facilities. Medical-surgical RN responsibilities include daily assessments, post-surgical assessments, and wound care. Additionally, these nurses continuously assess patient health status and evaluate patient treatments based on the results while administering medication and coordinating routine aspects of patient care. Most med-surg nurses carry a heavier patient load that intensive care nurses, often handling 5-7 patients at any given time.
Job Skills / Requirements:
· Valid BLS from the American Heart Association
· A valid professional license within the state of practice
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) credentialing through the American Heart Association is recommended and may be required for specific registered nurses and travel nurse positions
· Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
· Proof of right to work in the United States
· Experience as a med-surg nurse in a hospital setting