Facility: OrthoIndy Hospital South, Greenwood, IN
Department: OIH Surgical Services
Shift Details: Varied, including some evenings and weekends
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Registered Nurse, Surgery, provides nursing care and services in the operating room; assisting the physician/scrub staff during surgical procedures, including circulating duties, and directing non-professional personnel. Surgery Registered Nurse duties include, but are not limited to positioning the patient, assisting anesthesia during induction, prepping the patient, opening sterile packages, documentation, operating equipment and obtaining necessary supplies.
- Prepares setup, materials, medications, and equipment for cases as needed and assists surgeons in all types of procedures as required. Preps the surgical site using aseptic technique. Maintains operating room and equipment in a functional manner.
- Prepares, operates and monitors the use of various systems, equipment, and instrumentation required for the care of patients.
- Monitors overall patient care and reports any unusual occurrence, circumstances, or discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the health care team, to ensure quality of care.
- Performs sponge, needle, and sharp counts according to policy and procedure.
- Correctly collects and accurately labels specimens.
- Maintains inventory control of supplies and medications, including appropriate records and documentation.
- Reviews and verifies patient information, identification, and chart forms.
- Supervises and teaches members of the surgical team.
- Confines and contains sources of contaminations.
- Reviews and revises surgeon's preference cards and communicates changes to appropriate personnel.
- Performs and records the order of Physician's including administration of medications.
- Assists with patient care in the pre- and post-operative areas as needed.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- 1-2 years of registered nurse surgery experience required; 2-4 years preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Indiana required
- CPR, ACLS certifications required
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer