Our client is seeking an experienced Sales and Use Tax professional for the next 3 to 4 months to help research discrepancies, file VDA's, reconcile, file with various states, etc. This candidate will also will be involved in implementing new S&U software to help in this process.
Candidate can expct to work 40 hours per week for next 3+ months.
- Provide information to our external preparer to support filings of state/local tax returns
- Ensure compliance with the state sales & use tax laws and minimize assessments from sales & use tax audits.
- Respond and manage notices from tax jurisdictions and support the resolution of issues
- Provide ongoing training to all locations regarding taxability of capital and expenses
- Address any sales & use tax deficiencies with the appropriate locations to ensure future compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 4+ years' experience in Sales & Use tax or comparable tax/accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience working on state sales use tax audits
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
- Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management.