Vaco Indianpolis has partnered with a client of ours located here locally in search of a Direct-Hire Sales Director! If you feel you would be a perfect fit for this position, apply today!
Based in Indianapolis. Up to 75% North America travel required.
A US focused role. To develop new and existing suppliers in order to leverage their products to expand our customers base across additional industries.
Core KPIs: orders, sales, gross margins and customer satisfaction.
2 field sales reports.
- Exceed core Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets.
- Develop new suppliers and expand our product portfolio.
- Negotiate distribution agreements which allow us to expand our industry and application focus.
- Map, profile and 80/20 your customer base to improve sales efficiencies.
- Manage your pipeline daily through the CRM and backlog with our ERP.
- Ensure all customers receive excellence in customer service.
- Work with Operations leadership and make recommendations on stock.
- Maximising margin potentials, maintaining customer specific pricing with the objective of minimising administration.
- Deliver pro-active and regular communication with our customers and in-direct sales channels.
- Upload customer communication and sales visit reports to the CRM.
- Manage sales and expenses to budget.
- Research and deliver new products and solutions. Liaise with suppliers.
- Provide competitive leading technical support to customers.
- Provide marketing ideas and support business media promotions
- Embrace, adopt and leverage company's continuous improvement culture.
- Ability to influence and inspire without direct line authority.
- Innovative, creative and comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Strong change management, leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including numeracy.
- Competent with business systems, such as CRM and ERP.
- Degree in Business Management and/or a Technical Subject.
- 10 years + experience in business development and key account management.
- Experienced in developing a strategy and budget, and delivering upon it.
- Strong data analytical skills and attention to detail.