The Scientist is responsible for scientific support of current bacterial strain development activities.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
* The scientist will use broad knowledge of microbiological sciences and genetics to improve industrial Streptomyces strains and develop a deeper understanding of natural product biosynthesis during fermentation of various Streptomyces species.
* Identify process improvement opportunities through data collection, mining, observation and technical report writing in collaboration with senior scientists and technicians.
* Ensure all experiments are well designed and documented with clear objectives.
* Technically design and execute genetic engineering experiments.
* Aseptically work with different bacteria.
* Manage small-scale fermentation and additional laboratory projects, as required.
* Responsible for mentoring, training and scientific development of junior scientist and technicians through sharing best practices on laboratory operations, reviewing technical data and information.
* Accurately document work in electronic notebook and/or batch records.
* Write and present technical summaries in reports and at department technical meetings and reviews.
* Collaborate technically with scientist in supported manufacturing areas sharing key learnings.
Bachelor's Degree WITH at least 5 years of research experience in bacteria, specifically with PCR analysis
Master's Degree with at least 3 years of research experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.