Scioto Services LLC, a Marsden Holding Company, is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the United States. Scioto Services is a building services contractor known for its operational excellence and its ability to provide great services to small businesses and large multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Scioto Services enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and for helping business owners and property managers meet their objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1975, Scioto has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Site Manager is responsible for the overall quality assurance and customer assurance of the building or buildings in their assigned area. Plans, organizes and directs the work of employees and Supervisors so as to achieve Marsden quality standards, specified profit goals and successful customer relations and account retention.
- Establishes and maintains customer relations through regularly scheduled customer visitations.
- Promotes a safe work environment at field accounts.
- Completes regularly required Quality Assurance Inspections of all buildings in the area. Develops action plans based on the results of the inspection.
- Ensures all payroll reporting is processed accurately and timely and is distributed as required. Conducts daily audits of the automated timekeeping system in order to monitor labor and achieve profitability. Responds promptly to variances in labor.
- Manages employee/supervisor performance and conduct through the progressive discipline policy. Consults with the Human Resources Department as needed.
- Manages employee/supervisor job assignments to effectively distribute available resources to clean and maintain buildings within their assigned area.
- Utilizes available resources to train all new employees with a focus on long-term retention.
- Supports, directs and trains Building Supervisors with a focus on account and employee retention.
- Provides accurate and timely information to Human Resources or Area Manager regarding current and future staffing needs.
- Provides recognition to field employees and site management.
- Generates proposals to customers for additional services as necessary to achieve individual sales goal, as outlined by Regional Manager or leadership.
- Provides daily/weekly updates to the Regional Manager or leadership.
- Works with the Area Manager or leadership on account re-engineering projects and service reviews.
- Manages supply inventory at account and properly follows on-line ordering procedures with outside vendor.
- Shares available resources with other Managers and provides support for new business start-ups.
- As required, assists Human Resources with interviewing, hiring and orientation.
- Conducts weekly Crew Communications Meetings.
- Cleans accounts when required due to staffing shortages.
- Performs any and all duties as assigned.
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published Operations Standards
- Responsible for managing supply budgets in account.
- Responsible for managing labor budgets to meet targeted wage percentage.
- Supervises all cleaning staff, cleaning leads and building supervisors in their assigned area.
- Some Management experience
- Good time management skills
- Strong employee focus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of commercial floor care and floor care products.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices.
Education and Experience Required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years supervisory experience in a commercial cleaning or similar environment
Education and Experience Preferred
- Associate’s Degree or some college coursework in business management, facilities operations management, or similar area of study
- 2-5 years management experience
- Experience in a management role with responsibility for a centralized workforce
- Prefer experience working with a diverse population
- Bilingual in two or more languages, with English being one of those languages
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle and proof of automobile insurance is not required.
Site Managers are regularly required to walk, stand, use their hands and reach. In addition, they will occasionally be required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Site Managers are required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Site Managers are generally salaried employees. Salary levels may range significantly depending on responsibility levels.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours vary and typically occur outside of normal business hours. Site Managers may typically work an early second shift schedule.
Site Managers are not required to travel often during the work day, with almost no overnight travel. A personal vehicle is not required to perform this job.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Marsden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, sexual or affectional orientation, marital or veteran status, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Information / Benefits
Scioto Services is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Scioto does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
This is aFull-Time position2nd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1