TEGNA is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team at the NSSC. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, completion and maintenance of general ledger transactions, complex balance sheet reconciliations and financial reports for TEGNA business units. The role requires strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Has experience in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within financial reporting and accounting. Utilizes good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up. Takes initiative on tasks that will result in operational efficiencies.
- Participate actively in month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and reporting documents for TEGNA business units, as well as handling larger and more complex business unit needs.
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation. Demonstrate initiative to resolve any balancing issues in the reconciliations.
- Take on expense management accounting duties including auditing of receipts and proper use taxation.
- Establish and maintain a superior customer service relationship with the sites.
- Prepare various monthly reports and analysis for internal and external management and audit groups.
- Utilize good judgment in maintaining essential job functions through planning, analysis and follow up.
- Take initiative on tasks that will result in operational efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as required, including special projects.
- Bachelor's degree is required in accounting or business related concentration. 2-5 years of related experience.
- Good problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Analytical and detailed oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on superior customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- CPA qualification a plus.
- MS Office knowledge is required.
- Lawson general ledger knowledge preferred.
- Shared service experience a plus.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.