If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this Accountant role, you will prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications in accordance with GAAP, CAS, and FAR.
Possibility to telecommute if you are located in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts for month end close
- Assist with month end close process including preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis; investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Perform work in self-directed manner and work with less structured, more complex issues
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of effective internal and financial system controls, policies, and procedures
- Assist and reconcile intercompany transactions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of related experience in professional accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- Costpoint experience
- Government Contracting Experience including experience with CAS and FAR
- Extremely detail oriented with high level of accuracy and sound judgement
- High level of professionalism, interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete multiple tasks, while continually meeting critical deadlines and responding to changing priorities
- Ability to identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems and conducts moderately complex analyses
- Able to work on-site on Eden Priarie, MN or La Crosse, WI
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Accountant, Accounting, GAAP, Costpoint, Government Contracting, CAS, FAR, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, La Crosse, Eau Claire, WI, Wisconsin, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis, Rochester, MN, Minnesota