Facility: OrthoIndy Northwest, Indianapolis, IN
Shift Details: Full-time, exempt
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Senior Accountant OI is responsible for all accounting related tasks associated with maintaining the financial records and general ledger for the OrthoIndy practice and clinics. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, biweekly payroll review, account reconciliation and maintenance of fixed assets system and schedules. The Senior Accountant completes or assists with various ad hoc audits, reviews and surveys, the preparation of annual property taxes, coordination and issuance of K-1 tax documents to owners, preparing and reviewing month-end reports, the preparation of monthly budget variance reports and associated notifications, and participation in the annual budget process. The Senior Accountant is responsible for any other tasks as assigned by Accounting leadership.
- Maintains financial records and the general ledger for various entities of the organization. Prepares and executes the month-end close process by preparing monthly general and standard journal entries, prepares quarterly distribution schedules, maintains fixed asset system and schedules and performs account reconciliations for assigned companies on a recurring basis. Responsible for maintaining chart of accounts as needed by adding accounts, inactivating accounts, etc.
- Prepares and maintains the quarterly shareholder compensation plan.
- Prepares ad hoc accounting reports specific to a physician, the clinic, etc., as needed and requested by Chief Financial Officer, Physicians or Accounting department management.
- Prepares the annual budget for various entities of the organization with oversight and guidance from the Accounting leadership. Assists with the preparation and compilation of monthly budget variance reports. Responsible for the coordination of budget compilation both annual and monthly, by working with interdepartmental contacts within the organization to ensure timely, accurate completion.
- Assists in training assigned staff including Staff Accountants and Accounts Payable. Supports department by answering questions and providing guidance on policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of all governmental regulations and practices affecting hospital finance and accounting procedures.
- Actively participates in annual, quarterly, and cyclical financial requirements and processes, such as property taxes, distributions, K-1 reconciliations, audits and reviews, and property tax return preparation.
- Responsible for preparing specified invoices from OrthoIndy to internal and external companies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- 4-6 years of experience required, 6-8 years of experience preferred
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer