Application scientists develop new automated workflows on the Biomek and Echo platforms to demonstrate the benefits of automation that accelerate scientific discoveries. This particular role will focus on novel next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows and other genomic applications.
- Use a deep understanding of customer needs to develop automated genomics applications (e.g. nucleic acid extraction and next-generation sequencing) on Biomek and Echo automation platforms
- Develop sales and marketing materials such as posters, presentations, training, and application notes to support commercial activities for automated genomic solutions
- Support sales opportunities and field implementation of new automated methods
- Monitor changes in the genomics landscape and provide scientific insight to inform strategic planning and new product development
- Initiate and cultivate collaborations with genomic thought leaders and industry partners
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency and applies feedback to improve performance.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, or related fields +2, MS +4, or BS +8 years of recent laboratory experience.
- Hands-on expertise with genomic extraction and next generation sequencing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with scientists and non-scientists from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to establish and/or follow research procedures without direct supervision.
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills
- Experience programming and operating automated liquid handlers is strongly preferred.
- Willing to travel (domestic and international) 10-20%*.
- Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.