If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Come help envision, define and design innovative conversational experiences that put our members' needs first and differentiate our caller experiences from others. We are looking for a Senior level Conversational User Experience Designer to help design intuitive voice interfaces that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity.
The designer will partner with product teams and business stakeholders to identify and understand opportunities in support of our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Collaborates on a cross-functional Agile team composed of UI Designers, Product Managers/Owners, Developers and Testers.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go in order to reach its fullest potential. And that's where you come in. As a Sr. Conversational UX Designer, you'll help drive the future growth of our business, leading the design solution of OptumRx telephony products. This is your opportunity to work with a Fortune 6 industry leader dedicated to helping the health system work better for everyone.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborates with product partners and business stakeholders in the creation of caller journeys and/or detailed design documentation
- Performs the following for every feature assigned: review research & analytics, brainstorm multiple solutions, create sample dialogs and detailed design, and iterate user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines
- Experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
- Help define the intent mapping for natural language understanding and how it maps into conversation design
- Designs with caller in mind
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user and communicate informed design rational and value
- Develops new and effective interactive design solutions on time and in scope
- Create and evangelize conversation design best practice standards, reusable design patterns, and processes
- A continuous passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and quality products
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and changing priorities in a highly matrixed organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years in a conversational design field Or Master’s degree and 3+ years in IVR solution design
- 3+ years’ experience with Agile/Scrum and how design fits within that framework
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and how to apply them
- Demonstrated knowledge of the differences between written vs. spoken natural language, as well as multimodal inputs
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with IVR systems
- Experience in designing and tuning directed dialog and natural language speech grammars
- Expertise working with voice talents, coaching “in context”
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating human-centered design solutions and showing your ability to turn ideas into a strong and unique creative vision
- Experience in the pharmacy or healthcare space
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Spanish language
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Sr Conversational UX Designer, UX Designer, Conversational User Experience, Conversation, UX Design, Interactive voice response, IVR, IVR solution design, agile, scrum, Voice user interface, VUI, caller journey's, sample logs, Telecommuter, Telecommute